Do you want to do work that matters? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Ampersand is a pioneer provider of electric motorcycles and charging infrastructure (battery swap stations), especially for motorcycle taxi drivers. Moto taxis are a primary means of public transport in African cities, and it is estimated that these drivers spend >$6Bn p.a. on fuel alone in East Africa. Ampersand has developed an electric solution that is more powerful, fun to drive, and more cost-effective than the incumbent. Ampersand drivers routinely earn 25-30% more income by going electric.
The company started in Kigali, Rwanda and expanded into Nairobi, Kenya in 2023. Today it has ~1,600 e-motorcycles on the road and 22 battery swap stations. Ampersand is leading the market in quality and affordable tech, customer traction, and operational systems. The Ampersand team consists of 300+ staff drawn from diverse backgrounds and is working hard to see all 5 million taxi motorbikes in East Africa become electric by 2030. Ampersand is rapidly scaling its operations and is looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth.
Ampersand is a company that values innovation, creativity, and continuous improvement. It seeks people who are proactive problem solvers to drive results. Ampersand promotes leadership within the organization and is a place where you can grow your career as you work with some of the brightest and hard-working individuals in East Africa.
Customer-centric Everyday: We prioritize our customers daily, tailoring solutions to exceed expectations.
Challenge The Status Quo Through Innovation: Our dedicated teams constantly challenge the status quo, driving innovation to enhance customer experiences and deliver solutions that go beyond expectations
Love Solving Problems Together: Internal collaboration is our approach; we thrive on solving challenges alongside our customers.
Stay Agile: We stay agile to swiftly meet dynamic customer needs and adapt to a changing landscape.
Driven By People And Planet: Beyond business, we're committed to people and the planet, ensuring a positive impact.
About the role
Ampersand is seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized specialist in running projects. We seek a professional who can conduct special projects such as research, product testing, data analysis, product surveys, perception surveys, NPS, and others. The role is dedicated to cross-functional project management and supporting the company to make data-driven decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Running special projects within the Commercial Department
- Conducting research, data analysis, and reporting for better decision-making marking
- Maintaining project documentation, schedules, and communication.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure interdepartmental project success.
- Supporting other teams with special projects
- Conduct new market research
- Any other activity to support the Department
Ampersand is a good fit if:
You are passionate about fighting climate change & promoting sustainable development
- You are a proactive problem solver
- You are excited to work in a fast-growing and dynamic organization
- You are adaptable and thrive in rapidly evolving environments
- You value diversity and community in the workplace
Minimum of 5+ years experience working on projects
- Degree in project management or related courses
- Ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
- High degree of comfort with data analysis.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to manage shifting priorities and unforeseen challenges.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Quick learner and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with experimental design and execution.
- (Bonus) Experience in a start-up environment.
A competitive compensation with market salary, health insurance for self and family.
This role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.