Do you want to do work that matters? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future? Ampersand is your answer.
Ampersand has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project in 2018 into East Africa's leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of over 200 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds and we plan to see all 5 million taxi motorbikes in East Africa electric by 2030. We are rapidly scaling our operations, currently, we are expanding our fleet to Kenya and expanding our engineering capabilities to Europe, in Berlin, Germany. We are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth.
About the role
Ampersand manages a fleet of batteries that our moto drivers change at one of our many Swap Stations. These batteries are used by more than 1000 vehicles across multiple countries, which make close to 4 million km every month and swapped thousands of times a day.
The E-Motorcycle Sales Associate will be responsible for driving customer recruitment, product delivery, and maintaining an excellent customer experience. Major initiatives include the following:
- Conducting Ampersand marketing and brand awareness from the ground up, identifying clients, executing campaigns, and measuring results.
- Deliver a fantastic sales experience, efficient sales administration and customer relations, and thorough customer education for the Rwanda e-moto market.
- Help us understand our target customer more than any other company on the planet through supporting market research and customer surveys.
- New customer onboarding, including E-moto operation, accessing battery “swap” services, and instructions for E-Moto Maintenance.
Ampersand is a good fit if :
- You have sales experience, enjoy customer service and ready to work in the field to make a difference.
- You are able to manage a diverse portfolio of projects concurrently.
- You value professional development and supporting others.
- You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution.
- You appreciate diversity and community in the workplace.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual with experience in technical customer service and process efficiency.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant prior professional experience.
- Experience in sales administration and customer education.
- Preferably with a bachelor's degree in Marketing/ Business Administration or any related field.
- Fluency in both English and Kinyarwanda.
- Strong communication skills.
- Desired: ability to easily market and sell to even the toughest crowd.
- A strong work ethics and the ability to manage shifting priorities and unforeseen challenges.
- Nice to have but not a must: Able to ride a motorcycle (With a valid driving licence).
A competitive compensation package commensurate with local market rates and experience including health insurance.
This role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.