Do you want to do work that matters? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Ampersand has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project in 2018 into East Africa's leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of over 170 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds and we plan to see all 5 million taxi motorbikes in East Africa electric by 2030. We are rapidly scaling our operations, and we are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth..
About the role
Ampersand is looking for Battery Maintenance Technicians with focus on troubleshooting and repairing batteries for electric vehicles. This role requires a person with an excellent technical skills set and problem solving abilities. The overall goal of this position is to ensure proper repair and maintenance of Ampersand batteries. You will report directly to the Application Engineer and Aftercare Manager.
In this role, you will hold the following responsibilities:
- Conduct battery maintenance activities according to Ampersand SOPs
- Support Application Engineer and Aftercare Manager with documentation of battery maintenance cases
- Follow all Ampersand maintenance task policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area including tools
We are looking for experienced candidates who possess the following skill set:
- Fresh graduate with a diploma in electronics/and electrical engineering
- Demonstrate passion about electronics, troubleshooting and problem solving
- The ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication in English and Kiswahili
- Ladies are highly encouraged to apply
A competitive compensation package commensurate with local market rates and experience including health insurance.
This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya