Are you ready to make a real difference? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Headquartered in East Africa, Ampersand is achieving the world’s first true mass-market shift to electric vehicles, a vital tipping point in the fight against climate change, through providing electric motorcycles to moto taxis drivers in East Africa. Our electric motorcycles offer savings that can double a driver’s income, in addition to reducing carbon emissions by more than 75%. Converting just one petrol motorbike to electric is the equivalent of the carbon captured by 128 trees.
We have successfully piloted an electric motorcycle and battery swap network in Kigali, with motorcycles in daily operation for two years and nearly 2 million km traveled. We have successfully raised $4M in venture capital. We are and are ready to further develop and scale up our tech and scale our operations. This is where you come in. This is where you come in. The team has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project into East Africa's leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of 64 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds. We are rapidly scaling our operations, and we are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth.
About the role
The E-Motorcycle Sales and Marketing Manager will be responsible for customer recruitment, product delivery, and customer aftercare. Major initiatives include the following:
- Manage our sales and customer care teams, building a pilot and growing to more than 30 team members the next 12 months.
- Develop Ampersand marketing from the ground up, identifying clients, designing campaigns, and measuring results.
- Deliver a fantastic sales experience, efficient sales administration, and thorough customer education for more than 3000 e-moto customers over the next 18 months.
- Build an unparalleled maintenance team, delivering efficient vehicle maintenance and high-quality customer service.
- Help us understand our target customer more than any other company on the planet through market research and customer surveys.
Ampersand is a good fit if:
- You are able to manage a diverse portfolio of projects concurrently.
- You value professional development and supporting others.
- You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution.
- You appreciate diversity and community in the workplace.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual with experience in technical customer service and process efficiency.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant prior professional experience.
- Experience managing technical teams, vehicle related industries are a bonus.
- Experience in sales administration and customer education.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
- High degree of comfort with computer programs including excel analysis.
- Fluency in both English and Swahili.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with market rates and experience including health insurance.
This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya